Formed in 1991, EWF’s origins go back to 1974 when it was first instigated through the main EC members at that time. As an EC Federation, it now represents the main welding AGs throughout the EC with31 European members and a number of non-European affiliates. EWF’s objectives are:
- Promoting the interests of the International welding industry through its members worldwide.
- Facilitating harmonised education, training and qualification systems to provide the welding industry with qualified and skilled personnel at all levels.
- Facilitating a harmonised European scheme for welding company certification and certification of welding personnel.
- Collaborating in areas of mutual interests,
- Participation in collaboration projects
- Promotion and dissemination of technical information
EWF is a Belgian Association with the constitution published in the Moniteur Belge, as required by Belgian law. Its management is located in Portugal, since 1992, and the business activity follows the Portuguese law.